Technology Features & Specifications
The system comprises of:
- base stations (receivers) with antenna,
- synchronizer unit,
- tags (transmitters), and
- positioning engine software.
Achievable positioning accuracy of within 10cm in steps of 1mm. Market leading system capacity of 8000 Hz and can locate 8000 tags per second.
The technology provider has custom design capabilities for tags and antenna and has several patent applications for the localisation technology.
This RTLS solution is suitable for
- tracking of high-value, hazardous goods or personnel working in hazardous environment, e.g. explosive, petrochemical containers, mining, etc.
- tracking of fast moving machinery and vehicles, e.g. smart factory, logistics, etc.
- indoor localisation applications where high-level of precision and low-latency is necessary. E.g. Warehousing with automated material handling robotics, prison, military training centre, etc.
Market Trends and Opportunities
Fuelled by the growth of IoT, Industry 4.0, Indoor analytics and Big data analytics, where one of the key dimension is location digitisation and tracking, there is an increasing demand for platforms that can derive intelligence from the movement and interaction of objects and their environment.
Market size and growth projection is US$4.4 billion by 2020 and US$10 billion by 2024.
Unique selling points are we are able to provide high repeatable distance accuracy with minimum latency, reliable, consistent and moreover able to support high-density environment.
- Allow digitisation of movement of tracked objects, devices, personnel and assets
- Gain full insight into the historical record of tracked objects, their duty cycle and status at every point in the cycle
- Enable tracked objects, devices to interact with other objects or environment
- Obtain better business insights into process, workflow and operations
- Enable Location driven business decisions