Technology Features & Specifications
The offer is a mature concept and product, consisting of:
- A serious game for multimodal logistics
- Computer-based game play environment
- Attractive and colorful graphical user interface
- Challenging gameplay, which has been highly valued by game participants
- Data underlying the game is adaptable to specific scenarios.
This technology may be employed in logistics operations optimization
- End-to-end container supply chain optimization
- Creating awareness of synchromodal logistics
- Collaboration between departments and different logistic parties
- Port activities and networking
- Education, both higher and professional educational levels.
Activities which are applicable with this technology include
- Training courses, workshops and serious gaming session
- Team and network activities
- Innovation and change processes in transport and logistics.
Market Trends and Opportunities
The total market size in terms of value for the serious game market is worth US$5,448.82 Million by 2020 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 16.38% between 2015 and 2020.
The benefits of a serious gaming are that it offers a safe environment in which people can:
- Discover and experience new ways of working and collaborating
- Obtain deeper insights that make a lasting impression
Goals include raising awareness, experimentation, education and training.
Serious gaming has a huge potential in the logistics and transport sector due to the need for more innovation and collaboration. Our game achieves this by focusing on optimizing current planning processes and enhancing collaboration between different parties.
In Northern Europe and especially in the Netherlands, our game has a large base of users in industry, governmental and educational organizations. The attractiveness of the game can mainly be attributed to the ease with which it can be played and the unique combination of being both very insightful and fun.
Our serious game is intended to challenge the participants’ current assumptions and attitude towards logistics planning and collaboration. Possible topics that can be discussed during the gaming session are:
- What is the common goal of different departments within a company and how does that influence operations?
- What should be changed about current collaborations to further optimize the network?
- Which of the ‘hard’ constraints have to be relaxed through negotiation?