Technology Features & Specifications
Quantum properties of electromagnetic fields offer the possibility of breaking classical limits in many domains, in particular, in remote sensing. For example, when used in a photonics enhanced quantum radar, the quantum transducer offers an impressive enhancement of sensitivity, especially when detecting targets with very small radar cross-sections and weak returning echoes. The quantum transducer can boost the sensitivity of remote sensing to an unprecedented level, potentially excluding the possibility of having stealth targets and overcoming jamming techniques.
- Frequency range: 100's MHz-10GHz
- Sensitivity: down to single-photon (at low temperature)
This technology offer has potential applications in the following industries:
- Security and Defence (radar)
- Superior sensitivity guaranteed by the use of quantum resources
- Compactness, by the use of microscale-sized sensing devices, enabling integrated solutions in small and flexible systems.