Technology Features & Specifications
This technology compromise of a surface treatment of high-grade aluminium mould to increase the surface hardness of the material. The treatment creates a thin layer of nano-structured material 5 to 140 µm in thickness depending on the client's need. This increases the surface hardness of the Aluminium up to 90+ HBC, which will allow it to withstand the high strains experienced during Plastic Injection Moulding.
The nano-coating also imparts anti-corrosion and non-stick properties to the Aluminium mould, reducing mould build-ups and improving productivity.
This technology will benefit major Plastic Injection Moulding companies, such as car parts OEM, plastic toys makers, household appliance manufacturers and more.
Possible applications of this technology extend beyond Plastic Injection Moulding to include Glass Filled and Carbon Filled resin moulding. Application into other materials can be further developed.
Market Trends and Opportunities
Global Plastic Injection moulding estimated to reach USD 478.72 billion by 2025. With the significant cost savings that our technology will bring to manufacturers, they will be able to improve their bottom lines without too many changes to their existing production process or methods.
Furthermore, they will be able to bid for projects that might have been previously financially unattractive and increase and maintain their margins while traditional manufacturers will incur losses.
- Reducing cooling time per cycle up to 40% (larger parts would gain more time saving).
- Reduced tooling cost (softer Aluminium is easier and faster to craft into mould).
- Reduced warping and distortions for large moulded parts (Faster, more uniform cooling of Aluminium).
- Reduced transportation and manpower cost with signification weight reduction of mould.
- Reduced equipment investment cost needed for using heavy mould and reduce need for additional cooling processes on the mould.
- Reduced environmental impact as Aluminium is easier to recycle and re-cast as new moulds.
- Increase productivity as manufacturers can take on more jobs with existing infrastructure investment.
- Reduce delivery time for production reducing the cost of logistic and warehouse.