Technology Features & Specifications
- Able to handle thermosetting and hazardous plastic material including PVC (<6-7% wt in mixture), PP, PC, PMMA, ABS.
- The flash pyrolysis process line is equipped with off-gas post-treatment and operates without noise or noxious oil fumes emission.
- The crude oil product requires refinement process depending on the desired quality.
- Patented technology and ISO (TÜV RHEINLAND) and CE certified.
- A TK250 pilot plant can process the annual municipal waste for a population of approximately 10,000 people.
- TK250 can convert 250-300 kg/h (2,000-2,200 tonnes/yr) of mixed plastic in a closed system.
- The technology is modular, mobile and needs a gross space of 200m2. The engine tests carried out have proved that without purification of the crude oil, the CUMMINS test engine gave better or equivalent emission values to gasoline.
- The electricity consumption of the pilot plant is 180-200kW and it can be produced with gas or gasoline generator in island operation.
- The construction of the TK250 pilot plant will require EUR 2.2-2.4M without the refinery unit and gas recovery unit.
- The annual maintenance cost of the technology is below 6% of its investment value
- If the raw material is continuously available and logistically supported, it is possible to design larger equipment at a later stage. However, the aim is to develop a technology with lower performance and make it scalable depending on the raw material supply.
- Automotive plastic waste
- Municipal plastic waste
- Industrial plastic waste
Market Trends and Opportunities
The targeted markets for this technology are
- South East Asia
The system produces renewable end products using non-degradable wastes that cannot be recovered in other ways. The system can handle highly contaminated packaging materials, aroma-proof packaging plastic waste, painted metal oil steamed plastic waste, etc. Contaminants or acid gas such as chlorine (from PVC) that enters via the inputs or gets into the oil or coke fraction decomposes from NaOH to NaCl and H2O through a neutralization system. No other pollutant gas leaves the system and the unit has no chimney.