Technology Features & Specifications
The technology consists of:
1. Optimized microhexagon structures
2. High density, divergent array, and detachable
3. All-poymer cell culture chamber
The microhexagon structures permit fluidic streams to branch repeatedly and mix optimally. As a result, stable molecular gradients can be maintained at low constant flow rates and high lateral gradient resolution can be maintained.
- Tissue engineering for disease modelling
- High throughput and comprehensive drug screenings
- Patterning for material synthesis
Market Trends and Opportunities
The microfluidics market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 22.6% from an estimated USD 10.06 billion in 2018 to USD 27.91 Billion by 2023. The price of microfluidic products is expected to drop with the growing use of polymers and this, in turn, will increase the adoption of microfluidic technologies during the forecast period. In addition, other market drivers include favourable regulatory policies, growing applications of microfluidic technology in personalized medicine, organ-on-a-chip and liquid biopsies; expanding applications of microfluidics in drug delivery systems such as insulin pumps and inhalers.
- > 16 fold improvement in molecular gradients over conventional gradient generator
- High mixing efficiency
- Fast and robust response time to dynamic changes of the molecular gradient profiles