Technology Features & Specifications
The smart water meter has the following features:
- Utilises ultrasonic technology to detect and measure water flow when clamped onto domestic water system
- Unique ‘clamp-on’ design that is able to fit both a 3/4″ as well as a 1″ copper pipe
- Capable of learning a pattern of water usage within the residence across water outlets e.g. taps, showers, toilets and other domestic water dependent appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, etc
- WiFi connected smart phone app for user to set and track progress toward weekly or monthly water consumption goals, and alert user when it identifies constant or erratic water use or potential leaks.
Designed to be user friendly and intuitive to enable the reduction in water usage through changing behaviours, it is recognised that water infrastructures vary greatly from region to region, country to country. It is therefore intended that the basic elements of the system can be adapted to meet any local variants, creating an opportunity to market these variants globally as they are developed. It can also be coupled with AI systems to develop even more high value feature rich behaviour change programmes using algorithms to interpret and present the data generated that promotes user compliance and provides suppliers with valuable data mining capability.
Market Trends and Opportunities
Water scarcity is a global issue. From ‘leading nations’ to ‘developing nations’, the basic technology can be deployed to have a positive effect. Applications are developed around user design principles with interfaces developed to enable user interaction thereby promoting user engagement, compliance and drive incremental behavioural changes.
The smart water meter has the following customer benefits:
- Low-cost, high value
- Self-install meter or system
- User friendly, intuitive, easy to use
- Promotes user engagement and compliance
- Expandable functionality, modifiable to regional or national requirements