Technology Features & Specifications
- Developed with Open Standards following state-of-the-art Infrastructure as Code, programming and DevOps practices.
- Accessible through a best-practice developed RESTful Architecture Web API with robust enterprise-grade authentication and fine-grain authorization mechanisms.
- .NET back-end, MS-SQL database on Microsoft Azure.
- .NET Core Optimisation Engines implemented on Debian virtual machines that run on Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or IBM Clouds.
- Validated as line-of-business application by Microsoft and Honeywell.
- Designed to scale from day one. Certified on Microsoft Azure, planned in AWS and IBM clouds.
- Driver support app is developed in native Android. Limits the ability to use the smartphone camera, take screenshots etc. and ensures deletion of all pick-up or delivery data once the service ends, for security purposes. All information is securely transmitted to the .NET back-end.
Road transportation of goods is relevant to all industries dealing with physical products, from mineral mining to agriculture, to urban goods delivery or urban refuse removal.
It is a major source of energy consumption, and therefore an area with a lot of room for improvement in cutting emissions and mitigating its environmental impact.
Our solution is designed and built to be industry-agnostic, enabling adoption of circular-economy approaches and more importantly, breaking the chronic digital divide of the highly fragmented transport industry, accelerating its digitalization.
It has the potential to help tackle a range of global challenges, from supporting smart cities to agriculture transformation, making peoples' lives safer, healthier and greener.
Market Trends and Opportunities
This technology has a market opportunity of several billion dollars. Targeted users are private or public companies and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) that pick-up, remove or deliver goods, and provide off-premises services in cities with a population size exceeding 50.000, that make up over 75% of population worldwide.
Europe target markets are the 20.000 companies that make urban distribution in the 800 European cities exceeding population size of 50.000, that make up over 70% of the population.
USA target market is about the same size than European. That is more difficult to enter, demands higher investment and follow-up. It is however simpler to scale and cheaper to serve for having a single language and state laws that are more homogeneous than the European ones.
Our technology provides up to 30% congestion and emissions reduction, and up to 25% of cost reduction with current vehicles.
It helps cities and companies to design, implement and manage disruptive and sustainable urban goods distribution models. It manages any public-private entities partnership, cooperative, collaborative and/or co-opetitive formulae of current transport service providers.
It bridges the digital devide of a very fragmented transport industry. Over 90% of transport drivers are self-employed, work in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) or in the gig economy. They have limited access to technology, are essential to keep society provisioned as we have seen since the COVID-19 outbreak, but are also very vulnerable and exposed to contagion. Transport drivers have been infected substantially more than healthcare workers, becoming a contagion vector.