Technology Features & Specifications
The principle formulation in the form of a hydro-alcoholic extract is developed via an extraction and purification process from pig lard. Preliminary tests conducted in vivo have showed a decrease in the inflammatory process. In vitro experiments have also showed that these naturally-derived compounds act via signalling pathways and not as an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase, a mechanism of NSAIDs. Only low concentrations of this active ingredient is required for its anti-inflammatory action, indicating a high anti-inflammatory power.
Depending on the administration route (i.e. ointment, cream, gel, paste or spray), this active ingredient can also be combined with other compounds to form various topical compositions. The chemical compounds in this formulation are not only naturally derived but can also effectively regulate the inflammatory process. This formulation can be immediately applied upon obtaining the corresponding healthcare authorisations and is ready to be licensed.
- Pharmaceuticals and cosmeceuticals – Development of anti-inflammatory drugs or extracts
- Cosmetics – Development of anti-inflammatory skincare products
- Medical – Wound healing, surgical trauma and disease therapies (e.g. for psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Active ingredients are naturally derived and thus safe with little side effects compared with NSAIDs
- High potency with only low concentrations required for its anti-inflammatory effects
- Easily formulated into different topical administration routes and with different effects corresponding to the formulation compositions