Technology Features & Specifications
This technology features a solid promoter which is used to activate hydrogen peroxide to oxidize aromatic or unsaturated compounds with high efficiency and high rate of reaction. This process can be used for bleaching liquids and oils. It can also be used to bleach food and pharmaceutical products either in aqueous solution or organic solvents by using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidant. Colored liquids and oils can be bleached to colourless by using low level of hydrogen peroxide and yield only water and oxygen as final products. This technology is useful for those required to meet certain oil colour specification but wish to enhance bleaching efficiency and minimise hydrogen peroxide usage.
This technology is applicable in the following industries.
- Bleaching of food and pharmaceutical products to lighten their colours
- Decontamination of oil-polluted sites
- Pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass to remove lignin
- Treatment of waste lubricant or fuel oils
- Treatment of pharmaceutical and industrial wastewaters
Market Trends and Opportunities
Green chemical reactions which use less chemicals and generate environmentally- friendly wastes are becoming more popular in the market, especially in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Customers who adopt this process will see benefits such as
- Reduces the amount of hydrogen peroxide required for bleaching.
- Reduces energy, chemical and labour costs.
- Reduces reaction time with a simple reactor design.
- Improves the quality of food and pharmaceutical products.
- Reduces the amount of waste produced.
- Improves digestibility of oils and biomass