Technology Features & Specifications
A new class of easily up-scalable solid mixed metal catalyst for biodiesel synthesis with simple preparation has been developed. This revolutionary catalyst is highly compatible to low grade unrefined feedstock. The low-purity oil can be converted into biodiesel through a one-step simultaneous esterification and transesterification which take place at low temperature and pressure conditions. Therefore, the production of biodiesel tends to consume less energy and require less expensive equipment. In addition, as no pre- and post-treatment is required for the final product, the overall production cost can be further brought down.
This technology is applicable in the following industries:
- Biodiesel production and related industries
Products that can be marketed based on this technology:
- Biodiesel catalyst
- Biodiesel production system
Biodiesel can be applied as energy source for transportation, power generation and heat generation. Biodiesel is a more environmentally friendly source of energy than coal, natural gas and fuel.
- Simple and single step production that simplifies the whole supply chain of the production
- Applicable to a wide range of unrefined feedstock with no pre- and post- treatment required
- Low operation temperature and pressure
- Catalyst with long life-time
- Environmentally friendly biodiesel production process requiring no post-production washing and waste treatment