Technology Features & Specifications
The technology is a unique scaffold based method for 3D cell culture that allows dissociated tissue cells to form complex microtissues directly. This one-step cell culture process can precisely control the mixture of cells to form uniform mini-organs or microtissues in 3D without pre-formation, or multiple transfers and does not require a complex tubing system unlike other devices and systems.
The microtissues can be combined with existing molecular diagnostic technology (such as NGS) or histopathology to facilitate personalised therapies for cancer patients. Furthermore, this platform can be fabricated in a plate format which can be integrated with automated robotic system to increase the throughput and efficiency of discovering new drugs or combination therapy. Importantly, this technology allows for organoids that consist of stromal cells with vascular formation to be grown unlike current methodologies. Broadly, it can be used to grow 3D cell cultures that can be easily manipulated for multiple applications.
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for drug screening
- Pathology labs for cancer growth and phenotyping
- Toxicology labs to study off-target effects of drugs
- Can form organ or tissue-like structure consisting of multiple cell types with stromal cells
- Facilitates quicker, more in-depth understanding of drug treatment outcomes
- Decreases reliance on direct patient involvement or animal testing